Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hey mom, I have a new drink special for the bar

So last night I drank two glasses of wine and then double dosed on NyQuil (Call it the Medicated Zombie). Needless to say, I am a bit groggy this morning. The coffee isn't helping as much as I would like either.

It rained yesterday and it looks like we are in for the same for the remainder of the week. Today is the exception. I think we get a break from the rain today and then back at it tomorrow.

The people of Parkersburg, Iowa are recovering from a tornado that wiped out their town. It was a level 5 or something like that. Anyway it was the strongest tornado in the state of Iowa since the early 80's. I think 5 people died.

I watched the Undertakers YouTube videos yesterday. How cool is that? Thanks JoDee for sending me the link. It looks like everyone was having a good time.

Drew is supposed to have a makeup game tonight. I guess we wait and see what kind of shape the fields are in. The games for tomorrow and Friday are in question.

This weekend, Jess has a softball tournament here in Perry and then is playing in a volleyball league and the first match is Sunday in Ogden.

I am not sure if it is my cold or all the liquor and medicine I took last night but DANG I am very tired this morning. I need to snap out of it. Maybe next time I only drink on glass of wine...:)

It is less than a month and I will be headed to sunny California. I originally had intended to lose a little weight before I went out there so I didn't look like such a mess at the beach but I am afraid that just isn't going to happen. I have lost my desire to diet or exercise and that is not the road to a beach body.

The kids are getting excited about summer. The middle school is printing report cards today so apparently they aren't doing anything of significance the rest of the year. Jess has three or four finals over the next three days so she is a bit stressed about that.

I seem to be rambling a bit this morning so I think I am going to head out.