Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Leap year adds a day to Winter...What kind of deal is that?

The snow has made travel a bit difficult in the area. Yesterday the school closed 3 hours early which was around 12:30. Today we have a two hour late start.

None of this effect me however, I am still to work normal hours. (Like the rest of the world)

My cold just sucks! My chest hurts and I have a crappy cough and a sore throat. All in all it is a pretty crappy environment. Jess has the same thing and we are both glad they let school our yesterday. For Jess she was able to come home and sleep. For me, I didn't have to teach class until 10:00 at night.

It is contract negotiation time and it is always a drag. The directors met yesterday to work out some of the things in the contract for our staff but we are all so different, department wise, that we have very different needs. We meet with the Superintendent today to get some language hammered out and hopefull get it through their union.

The teachers have a union and the support staff have a union but the directors and our assistance, like Nancy, are kind of out in the cold. I honestly think our employees get better benefits than we do because they have a union. We just get whatever!

The good news is our insurance rates are not going up at all this year so our raises will be strictly salary. I think this is the first time in the last 6 years it has been this way.

I did get a chance to watch tv last night and I can tell you, I haven't been missing anything. The Monday night lineup is not a big winner in my opinion. I like two and a half men but I hate what is on after it. Once that happens it kind of throws the whole thing off kilter.

It is time to go out and snow blow the driveway. Ahh......The life of a midwesterner.