Monday, February 25, 2008

I don't think I watched more than 2 hour of tv this weekend....What the hell is going on!

This had to go down as one of the longest weekends I have had in awhile. Saturday we had to get up at 5 am and go to Des Moines for a volleyball tournament. They played three matches and won all three. The volleyball stuff got done about 1 and then we had to drive to Boone to watch Drew play in a basketball tournament. We got home around 6 or 7 that night.

Sunday, up at 5 am again, Jess played at 8. The won the first two matches but lost the third in a tiebreaker. They headed to the tournament seeded second. Their first matchup was against a team we beat quite handily the day before and we LOST!!! The girls played like crap and I think they were just worn out.

I started feeling sick Saturday afternoon but it really hit me Sunday about 2. Fever, headache, scratch throat. I came home from the tournament and went to bed. I feel a bit better this morning but my throat still hurts and I can tell that as my energy level drops I will start to feel bad again.

We are supposed to get 4 inches of snow today. We are in a winter storm advisory from 6 am to 6 pm tonight. I would not be dissapointed if school gets let out early and all evening activities get cancelled. I won't have to teach class then.

FYI - Ralf Nader needs his ass kicked.

I took some video of the matches. I filmed them as individual clips for each play. I have to go throug them and delete out the nonsense. Once I have gone through it I will post a clip or two to the blog.

We have two birthdays this week. Molly turns 1 on Wednesday and Jess turns 16 on Thursday.