Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Goose Is On The Loose

Jess is 16 today! I am not sure how I feel about it. One one hand I feel a bit scared that she is going to be in danger out there on the road by herself. It really is a sick to the stomache feeling. On the other hand (Fiddle on the Roof reference) She had driven a lot since she got her permit and does a fine job. She is responsible, almost to a flaw, and won't be careless. I will also have someone to run errands for me now. If I need a gallon of milk, "Hey Jess, run to the store and get it." There are some things I will like about this deal as well.

It looks like the car insurance will go up $50 a month with her driving.

She is going to Adel to pickup her license this morning. She should only miss the first couple periods of the school day.

So I had the 2nd most embarrassing moment in my life happen last night. Here's the story:

I am teaching class and I have this damn cold so I am all stuffed up and my throat kind of hurts. Even through my cold, the class is going well. The students are engaged and LISTENING intently. I am writing on the white board and explaining formulas in Excel. As I turn to go to the computer, I rip a FART!!! Completely unintentional and I am not really sure how that can happen without my consent but it DID! Holy crap, I farted right in front of class with everyone looking at me and listening.

Of course I just keep talking and move to the smart board and do my best Vanna White impression by pointing out the screen. I didn't look at the class and kept my back to them for the next minute or two. I just couldn't bear to look. I must still be immature to some extent because even though I was embarrassed to the point that these words can never describe, I was doing everything I could to keep from bursting out laughing.

I didn't hear any giggling or anything from the room but I am sure they were all looking at eachother and smiling. The next hour of class I walked around with a white board marker in my hand and kept twisting the cap to make a sound, similar but not even close to a FART sound in the attempt to put doubt in their minds that it might have been the marker and not an actual fart on my part. Who am I kidding. On the bright side, it didn't stink. I got through the next hour of class without incident.

So that was my second most embarassing moment. I will go into my most embarrassing moment tomorrow.

Telling that story makes me need to go to the bathroom.

Have a great day!