Friday, May 11, 2007

Fun Friday

It is finally Friday. Drew had a game last night. They lost by 10 runs. It was not a pretty game. They are going to have a long season.

As I arrive at the game last night. Drew comes running up to my car and says "You have to umpire tonight." I was less than thrilled by this but hardly suprised. I don't mind umpiring but it is more fun to be able to just watch the game in a lawn chair. I have the feeling I am going to get stuck doing this a bunch this year. I was already scheduled to home plate umpire more than any other dad and last night was just an extra. Oh well. I know what it is like to coach and have dads that won't help out.

Drew did well. He had an picture perfect bunt that advanced runners into scoring position. He also grounded out to first on his second, at bat. He pitched, which really sucks having to umpire when your son is pitching. He did well. I don't think he walked anyone.

Jess has her district track meet today. She is very, very nervous. I helped her find some relaxation scripts online last night so she was reading those and going through the steps. She said it really helped. It makes you focus on breathing and gets your mind to let everything else go. I told her to print it out and take with her to the meet. She is worried she wont make it to state. There are three girls that ran a sub 60 second 400 on Monday so she has her work cut out for her. She just needs to finish in the top two to qualify. Truth be told, I have butterflies in my stomach too.

I would have had pictures of Drew's game but I had to ump so I will get some at another game. Drew has a game tonight as well and I think he is going to pitch a lot so I am very dissapointed that I am going to miss it. The other two top pitchers maxed out last night and he should pitch 60 or more pitches tonight. I wish I could see him.

I will post the results of our big day tomorrow morning.

Miss you all.