Thursday, September 17, 2009

There is always one, isn't there

Weather keeps on rolling. It is wonderful!

Class went well last night. I gave them their first test and I thought I had given them plenty of time to get it done and actually worried about class getting out too early. Well, there is always one isn't there. One student stayed until 10:00 on the nose to get the test done.

Overall, the class went well and I think they all did pretty well. We did a review before the test so they really don't have an excuse to not do well.

Most of the students were gone by 8:45. I had one stay until 9:45 and the one stay until ten. I guess I really don't care if they take the whole time it is just a long night and it is about a 40 minute drive home after so it makes it extra long.

Drew was sick again yesterday. He made it through the day but just felt like crap so he talked to the coaches and went home before practice. When I got home last night, he said he was feeling better.

Jess went to an Iowa State volleyball match last night. It was a team-unity event and she said it was fun. She has a match tonight here in Perry vs Des Moines North. We should win but I guess we will see.

Jess is ranked #1 in the state, for 3A in Kills and Serve percent. She also has the best kill percentage in the state for all classes. She is right over 50%. I think it is .504

Trash day so the ladies will be out. I better get my stuff to the curb so they don't have to walk very far in their high heels.

Off to start.