Monday, July 27, 2009

Well Hello Monday whats been, a week?

It was a long weekend of basketball. The weather was good but I saw very little of it. Most of the weekend was spent in a gym in East Des Moines.

They didn't have all of the starters there so we didn't do that well. They played 3 games on Saturday and lost all three. On Sunday they won one of three. Jess played well and lead the team in scoring in all the games. The last game, the one they won, she scored 19 of the teams 30.

Drew spent the weekend hanging out with friends and mowing lawns. He mowed Nancy's and I had him mow mine as well since I was in Des Moines all weekend.

It was the last summer basketball Jess will ever play. She was a bit worn out last night. Six games in three days and she didn't get many breaks.

Today it is going to be hotter than it has been in awhile. I think close to 90. Drew has to mow Gene and Marsha's and then I think Jess is taking him to the pool at the country club.

A week from today we have school registration, two weeks from today, new teachers have orientation and the week after that the whole staff is back. Summer is winding down. I consider this the last week we will get any peace.

I haven't been sleeping well the last couple of nights. I have terrible dreams, not sure what they are but they have been making me toss and turn and wake up a lot. I may take sleeping pills tonight to see if that will help. It sucks being up at night.

Ok, off to start.