Friday, June 26, 2009

Goin back to Cali....wooo-hooo

Well the weather is still hot and humid but it is the Friday before I head out to the no-humid state of California.

The softball team got their first win last night. Jess played well, she had 2 hits. One was a single and the other a double. She drove in 3 runs.

They play in a tournament this weekend at Ames. The games today are at 1 and 2:30. I won't be able to see them. Tomorrow they play in the morning and then at 1 or 2 so we will be done early.

Drew had a game yesterday and they lost but he played well. He had a couple hits and an RBI. He is loving the scooter. He drives it around everywhere. We are still waiting for the dealer to get a number so I can get it registered but he can drive it in-transit for awhile.

The weekend will go quick. Saturday the tournament and then my flight leaves Des Moines at 6:30 am on Sunday. I will be getting up around 3 am that morning.

It seems like I have much to do before we leave but everything seems to always work out in the end.

OK, off to start my day.