Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Track - Prom - Vegetables

The weather is going to be ok today. Maybe a little rain but rain is in the forecast for tomorrow.

The weekend was busy. Jess had prom and everything went well. I will post some pictures of it later this week.

Nancy and I put in a garden this week. It took a dang long time and was a lot of work. I am not used to that kind of hard labor and I was sore for the rest of the weekend. Just tilling the ground was a major pain but we got it all in and and it looks good. We should enjoy the fresh vegetables this summer.

Last night was my last class for the semester....WHOOOO-HOOOOO! I am so glad to be done. All I have left is to enter the final grades into the system. It is great to be done.

Jess had her last regular season track meet last night in Saydel. She got 4 gold medals. 1st in the long jump, 1st in the 400 (a new meet record 59.4), 1st in the 200 (New meet record 26.7 and it was the first time she ran the 200 this year), and 1st in the Sprint Med Relay. It was a good night for her.

Drew had a track meet last night as well. He threw the discus 59 feet and ran the 4x100 relay.

I have nothing on the schedule for today. It is going to be a day just to stop and take a breath. No events, no meetings, DMACC classes are done. I am celebrating on a Tuesday.