Friday, November 14, 2008

Well, it doesn't feel like Friday

More rain and cold. I was thinking that I might rather have snow and just cold than this crappy, wet, miserable stuff we have been getting.

Friday has rushed upon me quickly this week. I think it has been because it has been such a busy week. Yesterday was a day full of meetings and office work. Nancy had to go with her mom to the hospital yesterday for some testing.

I have zero plans this weekend but the kids have plans. Drew is going to the movies tonight and then the school play tomorrow night. Jess is going to the school play tonight and she has a basketball scrimmage/round robing tournament in Des Moines tomorrow. Saturday night she is going out with friends.

I contacted the University of Nebraska to get information from them on the track program. They seemed very interested in Jess and are sending her a packet and want me to send a video. She received a big packet from K-State this week and has been getting a bunch of emails from the head coach at the University of Northern Iowa.

The economy is going to hit the district pretty hard next year. The state has notified the districts that this year we are safe from additional cuts but next year we will be hit hard. We are looking at possible staff cuts. There is the potential to have a $300,000 deficit or more heading into the next fiscal year.

It is getting to the end of my teaching for the term. I have 3 Tuesday classes left and 4 Monday classes left. It will be good to get them done. I look forward to teaching again next term but I really need to re-organize prior to the sessions starting up.

Ok, off to start the day and push to the weekend.