Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Simply Vote!

Well election day is upon us. The weather is good so turnout here in Iowa should be high. I plan on going a little later in the morning to try to avoid lines. I guess we will see.

Class went ok last night. I covered the material and they took the test and we were out early. It is getting down to the final month of classes and we are running short on material. I can stretch it but I hate to waste people's time.

Drew is enjoying his morning practices. He is in a skills club and they had a event last night at the school until almost 9:00 so I am sure he is a little tire this morning. It is hard to tell sometimes with him because he just isn't a complainer.

Jess is doing the basketball thing and the principal's daughter is a senior this year and this is "her sport" so she is being a pain. To top it off the principal is assistant coaching this year so she can do no wrong. It is going to be a messy season. He really shouldn't coach his daughter. He has objectivity problems anyway and now you throw this in, it may be a mess.

I am really enjoying the good weather. Last night I walked home from class and it was a clear starry sky and a warm breeze was blowing. It was the type of night that would have been great to just sit in a lawn chair, listen to the radio and look at the sky. I always walk extra slow on nights like that so I can enjoy the evening.

Ok, off to start my day. We elect a new president today. I will be teaching so I won't get to enjoy the early returns. It would be a fun night to sit and watch the events unfold. Maybe make some popcorn, drink a little beer and either celebrate the outcome or get good and drunk to wash away the memory of the night.