Friday, August 1, 2008

There is nothing cool about humidity!

I simply forgot to post the blog yesterday. I was working on some DMACC stuff and the time got away from me and before you know it, I was in the shower and thinking...."Crap! I forgot to post to the blog today".

The weather is terrible. It is hot, hot, hot. It is going to be in the upper 9o's this weekend with high humidity. Welcome to August.

There are a couple things of interest this weekend. The 141 sale is going on. The highway that runs through central Iowa is highway 141. It runs from Des Moines, through a bunch of towns, to include Perry and then out to the west a bit. I am not sure how it got started but they have a 141 sale where everywhere along that highway, all through central Iowa, people have garage sales. Houses along the highway and throughout all the towns have sales, there are food vendors and all the things you would have at a carnival. I think the sales route is over 40 miles long. Anyway, it is this weekend.

It is also the tax free weekend. Every year before school starts, Iowa has a tax free weekend. All things you buy for school; supplies, clothes, etc are all tax free. This is a state wide mandate so it applies to all stores in Iowa. As you can imagine the stores will be a mad house.

Registration is Monday so it will be a long day. Once August hits, things seem to speed up. The days run together and there is always something going on.

The first of every month is a gamble on whether we will get the rent from our tenants or not. Last month we never recieved all the rent. We were still wating for $225 as of yesterday. It is the first so they owe another months rent. I hope we don't have to look at kicking them out. That whole process is a suckfest. Maybe they will pay ontime. (It would be the first time since they moved in)

I mowed the lawn last night. It was a hot bastard. I think I was soaking wet after I pulled the cord to start the mower. Humidity sucks!

Monday will be the Video blog. Have a good weekend.