Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Did you know Nancy is a Forest Gump expert?

The first day back at work was a suckfest! We have a state report that was due a week and a half ago and it still isn't done. I spent most of the day working with the Department of Education trying to get the information to them. It isn't my report but if it comes in electronic format, it becomes my responsibility. Whatever! We should have it done today.



I mowed the grass last night and that job is becoming an adventure. The wheel keeps falling off and I had to fix it twice last night. I was grumpy to begin with and then having the damn mower wheel fall of TWICE was just icing on the cake. I am pretty sure I can get a replacement wheel for it, I just need to get my ass to the hardware store.



Jess has a game tonight in Huxley.



Ok for the continued saga of my California trip.



Day 2:

The time change was a little wierd because it was two hours later than it is in central time. I was hungry early and wanted to get up at 3:30 in the morning. Ended up sleeping until 5:30 am and then started to get ready for the first day of class.



They had a HUGE buffet breakfast for us at the conference. Eggs, hashbrowns, fruit, rolls, juice, cereal. I ate like I haven't ever had breakfast before.



Class went well in the morning and then back to another HUGE buffet meal. Lunch had two or three main courses and all kinds of side dishes and a big ol' desert table. Once again, ate like I hadn't eaten in a week.



Nancy, Joyce and I went to the pool and sat in the sun for the remainder of the lunch time. We got an hour and a half for lunch each day so we usually spent about 30 -45 minutes at the pool.



I went to my afternoon class and was in the wrong place. So I got up and went to the room they told me to go to. Once again, still the wrong place. I sat through the class for awhile but it was a low level class that I have done all the stuff they covered many times, so I went back to the room after break.



Once everyone got back we went to the pool and swam for awhile then we got in the car to find something to eat. We ate a place called "Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company". It was a blast. They had good food and the atmosphere was fun. Nancy and I inadvertantly bought drinks (non-alchoholic) for $7.50 each. I couldn't have the school pay for that so we paid for them seperately. At least we were able to keep the glasses. Here is a pic of Nancy and Joyce at the restraunt:


During the meal, the waitress came over and asked us a bunch of Forest Gump trivia. Nancy kicked ass.



After dinner we went to downtown Disney and watched the live music. Of all the days, this was maybe the most uneventful day of the week. Bubba Gump was a hoot though. Day 3 tomorrow.



Mom: Drew and I are planning on coming up for the 4th. We will leave around lunchtime and should be there by 4 or so. He has an all-star game Saturday at 1 so we need to get going early that morning. He needs to be at the game at 12:30 and I think it is out of town. I need to check and see where it is.