Monday, June 30, 2008

I can't believe it is Monday already

I am back in Iowa and getting ready to go back to work. What a drag!

The week in California was very nice and quiet memorable. There is so much to share that I think I will just post the events of each day, as I remember them, from last week. Here is the first installment:

Day 1 - The flight out of Des Moines was at 6:20 am so I got up at 3:00 and got ready. I picked up Nancy and Joyce at 4:15ish and off to the airport we went.

The flight from Des Moines to Minneapolis was fine, nothing too much to note. It is only about an hour flight anyway.

We had a 4 and a half hour layover in Minneapolis and it was FREEZING in the terminal. Well, Nancy is cold by nature anyway so she was freaking out because she was so cold. We walked and walked to find a sweatshirt for her to buy. She was, and I quote, "Unwilling to spend $70 on a Moose sweatshirt that she would never wear again.". I finally got ticked and told her to buy a blanket. She spent $40 on a blanket and it ended up being short and slick/shiny on one side. She was not a happy camper. Here is a picture of her being grouchy!

We finally got to California and picked up the rental car. It was a Grand Prix a new model and it was great. It was only supposed to be about a 15 minute drive from the airport to Disneyland. Well, we got lost and it took about and hour and a half. I kept getting shoved onto highway 5 and then the 405. Not sure how this kept happening but it did.

We ate at the rainforest cafe, went to the grocery store, registered for the conference and got unpacked. We walked around downtown Disney that night and watched the live music performances that they have down there. It was nice.

I will post day 2 tomorrow.

There are no games today. I need to mow the lawn tonight. Jess has games Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then the regional game on Saturday. Drew has his first All-Star game on Saturday as well.

The kids plan on going to the pool today. It is going to be nice outside so it will be good for them.

I will post some pictures later.