Monday, March 12, 2007

Who remembers who came in second?

It seems like we are going through a phase in which the number 2 is playing a key role. I play in a co-rec volleyball league and we ended up 2nd in league play. Jessica's AAU volleyball team came in 2nd this weekend in thier tournament. To top it all off we lost to the first place team in our co-rec volleyball tournament. We still get one more change at the bastards though. So it aint over yet! So to answer the question of who remembers who came in second.........the teams that came in second, they remember!

It was a decent trip to Marshalltown for the tournament, the weather was good. Jessi played well. I think she had 8 kills in one of the games. They had to play 5 teams back to back without any breaks. It was good that they held up for the championship game.

It was a busy weekend. Friday night I had to go to a school board retreat from 4 pm until about 8:30. Marshalltown on Saturday. We had the Drew's basketball team over for a pizza party on Sunday afternoon. I went into work on Sunday morning to get the servers set to the new daylight savings time. Last but not least we played co-rec volleyball from 4 to 7. It was a marathon weekend that I am happy is behind me.

Here's the rub. This week isn't any better. Tonight I am going to Ames to watch Jessica run in her track meet. I teach class Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights this week. The oasis ahead is Friday....the start of Spring break. There is no school for a week so that will be good.