Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial day - Memorable weekend

Lightning struck twice at the state track meet this weekend. Jess won the 400 on Thursday and then won the 200 on Saturday. It was a very good weekend for her.

The local newspaper has an article and some pictures of Jess. Here is the link: www.theperrychief.com

This week is going to be a busy one as well. Drew has baseball games tonight and Thursday night. Jess has softball games tomorrow and Friday night.

The softball coaches have decided to move Jess to left field because she is fast and they need speed in the outfield. She is not a happy camper about that change. I am not a fan of the change either but whatever. I have little confidence in a coaching staff that won 3 games last year and had a team goal of not getting "10 runned" in every game.

I coached most of the girls on the team but the big difference between me coaching and these coaches, is I won! If I had a three win season, I would want to shoot myself in the face.

The three day weekend didn't seem like a three day weekend to me. It went quick and I did very little. I hope my energy level increases soon.

The school is building a new auditorium and I have a meeting with a group of people and the architect today to go over some initial ideas.

Tomorrow I do my staff evaluations. I really don't enjoy doing that very much but it will be good to have it done.

I have a video of Jess state races and I will try to get them posted in the next day or so. I also have some pics.

Off to start the week.