Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Literally a deer in the headlights

Weather is going to be good today. I think the drive to class will be a good one.

The track meet went well. The weather was good and Jess ran really well.
* She won the long jump
* Set a meet record in the 400 with a time of 58.7 seconds
* She won the 800 with a personal best time of 2:24
* Got first in the sprint med with a meet record time of 1:54

We have a meet here in Perry Thursday.

So I was driving home last night and hit a deer!! I was driving along the road and saw a deer on the shoulder, I moved to the other lane and the damn thing walked right out into my car. I didn't hit is square, I think I moved over just enough so the right side of my car hit the deer's head and maybe the front of it. I don't think I have damage to the car but I couldn't tell last night. I will take a look this morning.

It was a dang good thing another car wasn't coming from the other direction or I would have hit it square in the center of my car. That would have been bad.

We had a guy in Perry lock his wife in the house with him at gun point. He threatened to kill her and himself but ended up letting her go. He was in the house with the lights off and a shotgun in a standoff with police. After about 5 hours, they went in with a concussion grenade. He was removed in handcuffs and is in custody this morning.

He apparently lost his job at Tyson foods, the meat packing plant in town, and just lost it.

It should be a good night to teach class. The students do presentations and we start databases. Only three more classes left.

Ok, off to start