Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kind of blah!

The weather is ok. Not too cold but not that warm either. Kind of just a normal winter day.

The funeral for Nancy's mom is Friday. It is a rough way to start a new year.

Work has been a bit dull. I have been keeping busy but there isn't anyone around and with Nancy being gone it is a quiet place.

I did have a lot of calls yesterday but nothing too serious is going on at the school.

The kids have been busy this week already. Jess is hardly ever home anymore. She had practice in the morning and there is a group of kids that hang out together. They just go to someone's house and play cards or watch movies and hang out.

Drew stayed overnight at Dawn's parents house Sunday night, his cousins were over so he stayed to play with them. He stayed overnight at a friends house last night.

Both kids have basketball practice every day this week so at least they are getting some exercise.

I took video of the kids and me racking the yard and burning leaves this fall. I put the little clips all together on a video and I need to burn it to DVD. It is pretty comical and it will be good to look back on.

I really need to take more video. It isn't that hard and being able to burn it to DVD really will keep it safe for a long time. The days are slipping by and pretty soon it will occur to me that I have missed my chance.

Speaking of that, Jess reminded me the other day that she only has one more Christmas that she will be living at home. UGH!

Ok, I am heading out for the day.