Monday, September 15, 2008

I see people living life on tv and it looks nothing like what I am doing!

Back to the weekly cycle. Monday starts off the work week after a lazy weekend. I don't think I did anything productive this weekend. I mostly watched tv and ate. I took a nap on Saturday and another one on Sunday. It was cloudy and kind of rainy this weekend so it was the kind of time that you just feel like doing nothing.

The week starts off with some cool weather but it is going to be sunny. I think the weather is going to be good the whole week this week.

It is homecoming week this week so the school will be filled with daily themes and homecoming events. Both Jess and Drew have games Tuesday. Drew is away and I think Jess is home. I won't be able to watch either since I teach in Des Moines. I hate missing their events.

The one thing that has been taking a bit of my time on the weekend is grading papers and prepping for the next weeks classes. It takes a lot of time to do the things outside of class that need to be done. I am guessing I spend anywhere between 12-20 hours a week on teaching, grading and prepping.

I really should setup a few meetings this week but I really hate meetings so I have been reluctant to do so. I need to work with some staff on getting them setup to edit their web pages, I also need to have a department meeting. None of this is something I really look forward to.

The huskers have a bye week this weekend so I am not sure what I will do on Saturday. Oh! Iowa won the game this weekend. For the next 365 days, this is a Hawkeye state.

Off to start.